Tuesday, August 21, 2007

1, 2, 3, say Flickr!

I love, love, love taking photographs. I'm very familiar with Flickr, but I currently have an account with Photobucket (another great online photo album) --- if you're interested, you can check out a bunch of my other photos there: Great Blue World (all content is appropriate. Or, well, I think so). Nature, Chicago, lights, bands, all that jazz.

It was neat to look at the photographs that other Schaumburg employees have uploaded so far. Now that I'm subscribed to the feed, I can keep up with all new photo submissions. That's pretty cool. As for me, as for now, I chose to share a picture of my squirrel friend Waldo. Pretty cute, huh? I'm pretty sure he was waiting for a walnut.

You know, if the Schaumburg Library wanted to keep a photo blog, that would be another 2.0 way to get the word out about events, services, and general library happenings. Also another way for staff to get involved with the library and community.

NOTE: About my timestamp problem. At the bottom of this Create Entry page, it even says: "Draft autosaved at 12:56 PM." Let's see what the timestamp says at the end of the entry, though.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I love Flickr or sites like it too. Nice! Do you have your time stamp set for Central time?